Several factors (mental health issues, integration difficulties among newcomers, conjugal violence, drug and alcohol addiction, poverty, etc.) can prevent a child from thriving fully in their living environment. The Foundation then comes to the aid of parents and offers early and adequate support to families by supporting the actions of those working in the DYP.
Appropriate care improves the living conditions of the family environment, and children can thus evolve safely within their home.
The Foundation then comes to the aid of parents and offers early and adequate support to families
The Family Support Program in action:
- Financial assistance for childcare costs
- Distribution of newborn kits (maternity bag with newborn items)
- Distribution of essential goods, equipment, and furniture
- Distribution of stimulation kits with activity material to help 0-5 year olds develop their skills
- Financial assistance for precarious situations: gift cards for groceries, payment of rent, payment of health care costs for families not covered by the RAMQ
The Family Support Program in numbers
The Foundation provides much needed and much appreciated help. Especially for a mother and her two children who are demonstrating remarkable resilience in a precarious, traumatic context complicated by the current pandemic.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you!