The Foundation provides much needed and much appreciated help. Especially for a mother and her two children who are demonstrating remarkable resilience in a precarious, traumatic context complicated by the current pandemic. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
Some parents face serious challenges and need help to fully exercise the parental roles and responsibilities related to their child.
Several factors (mental health issues, integration difficulties among newcomers, conjugal violence, drug and alcohol addiction, poverty, etc.) can prevent a child from thriving fully in their living environment. The Foundation then comes to the aid of parents and offers early and adequate support to families by supporting the actions of those working in the DYP.
Appropriate care improves the living conditions of the family environment, and children can thus evolve safely within their home.
This year, the Fondation has provided double the amount of food aid to help families and youths in care
The Family Support Program in action:
- Financial assistance for childcare costs
- Distribution of newborn kits (maternity bag with newborn items)
- Distribution of essential goods, equipment, and furniture
- Distribution of stimulation kits with activity material to help 0-5 year olds develop their skills
- Financial assistance for precarious situations: gift cards for groceries, payment of rent, payment of health care costs for families not covered by the RAMQ
The Foundation then comes to the aid of parents and offers early and adequate support to families
Community services and resources, Youth program