The Fondation directs $500,000 toward helping youths in care
The Fondation des jeunes de la DPJ is proud to announce that it will provide funding for 14 initiatives submitted by various regional organizations across the province.
In all, the Fondation will donate over $500,000 to help youths aged 16 to 25 in the care of the DYP as they transition to independence and adulthood. By funding transformative projects, we are giving youths the opportunity to access additional support while enhancing the services available in their regions based on their specific needs.
Selected organizations and projects by area of focus
Fostering housing stability and facilitating independent living
- Groupe Action Nouvelle Vie – “Rebâtir son avenir” (rebuilding your future) – Montérégie
- Le Belvédère Jeunesse – “Vers l’autonomie” (moving toward independence) – Outaouais
- Maison Marie–Frédéric – “Répit nocturne pour jeunes” (overnight respite for youths) – Capitale–Nationale
- Service d’entraide basse–ville – “Un bon départ dans la vie” (a good start in life) – Capitale–Nationale
- Hébergement jeunesse Le Tournant – “ Projet Agir en amont” – Montréal
Helping youths stay in school
Providing psychosocial support and putting youths in contact with resources
- Renaître de la rue – “Déploiement et amélioration de la portée des services aux jeunes adultes en situation de grande vulnérabilité et d’itinérance” (rolling out and expanding services for highly vulnerable young adults experiencing homelessness) – Montreal
- Collectif Ex–Placé DPJ – “Grandir et bien partir” (growing up and getting off to a good start) – Provincial
Helping youths develop their skills, find a job, and achieve positive social inclusion outcomes
Meeting basic needs
A second successful call for proposals
For the second consecutive year, the Fondation announced a call for proposals in February, inviting organizations and other foundations working with youths in care to apply for funding that would enable them to provide practical assistance to youths in the care of the DYP. The 27 projects we received speak to the urgent need to help youths preparing for adulthood.
In the fall of 2021, the Fondation expanded its mission to have a greater impact and address acute, ever-growing needs across the province. Based out of Montreal, the Fondation continues to help youths in the city, while providing ongoing support for various regional initiatives each year.